Imagining Holistic Digitally-Powered Healthcare in 2025Wednesday 22nd Jan 2020 10:00-16:00 Register your interest now
The healthcare sector is radically changing and will look significantly different within the next five years. This is mainly due to three concurrent factors:
- The massive use of digital technologies, such as Internet, Telehealth, AI, IOT, Virtual Reality, Robotics and Blockchain;
- People-centred health services and patient/citizen empowerment initiatives at the core of the new strategies launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the other main health organizations;
- A holistic pro-active approach to patient care and quality of life that is taking place as life expectancy increases together with chronic conditions and multimorbidity.
At the same time health technology sector is expected to reach USD $280 billion by 2021, at a growth rate of around 16% between 2016–2021 that considers the increase in population and life expectancy that is taking place.
The changes will also result in challenges that, while disrupting established processes, can create new value propositions and revenue streams. Some of the challenges are  :
- Creating financial sustainability in an uncertain health economy;
- Using new care delivery models to improve access and affordability;
- Adapting to changing consumer needs, demands, and expectations;
- Investing in digital innovation and transformation;
- Maintaining regulatory compliance and cybersecurity.
It is then fundamental that all the healthcare stakeholders—providers, governments, companies, payers, consumers—come together and actively participate in shaping the future of healthcare mainly by shifting focus away from a system of sick care in which patients are treated after they fall ill, to a digitally-powered health care which puts the person at the centre and supports well-being, prevention, and early intervention.
This workshop will analyse and discuss possible scenarios, options and challenges in order to shape a vision of the healthcare in 2025. With a small group of experts and leaders, we will seek to define the new holistic digitally-powered healthcare ecosystem together with its business models and enabling technologies. We will identify a possible strategy and action plan to position key stakeholders ahead of the competition.
Forming a focused research initiative
Who should attend?
This is an invitation-only event for selected healthcare stakeholders such as senior leaders, business unit leaders, programme managers, innovation leaders, healthcare professionals, patient’s associations representatives.
- Possible scenarios and value network(s)
- Prioritisation of challenges
- Action plan to address key challenges
The Innovation Value Institute (IVI) is a multidisciplinary research and education institute co-founded in 2006 by Maynooth University and Intel Corporation with the support of the Irish Government.
IVI’s mission is to research, develop and disseminate empirically proven and industry validated IT best practice through a unique open innovation and collaboration between leading academic and industry practitioners.
|10:00 – 10:30||Agenda and Introductions|
|10:30 – 11:20||
Focused Learning: (pres. Marco Alfano, IVI)
Setting the Scene: Why we must change: the need to reshape the healthcare technology ecosystem (based on Ireland’s 10-year healthcare strategy / EU report)
|11:20 – 12:10||
Mapping the Contextual Landscape:
|12:10 – 13:00||
Using Root Cause Analysis, identify
|13:00 – 13:45||Lunch|
|13:45 – 14:30||
Imagining the Digital Healthcare Ecosystem in 2025; characterise how stakeholders define success; identify and prioritise required features, and metrics to validate progress.
|14:30 – 15:15||
Design a prototype digital healthcare product or service
|15:15 – 15:30||
IVI Research Engagement & Support opportunities
|15:30 – 16:00||
Beginning your 2025 Improvement Journey: outlining the IVI Research Engagement Roadmap + Action Plan
Reflect on today’s learnings / Key takeaways
|16:00 – 16:00||Wrap & Close|
Wednesday Jan 22nd 2019
Innovation Value Institute, 2nd Floor,